Friday 21 August 2015

1:20 Scale Model




The tubes began to create the forms of a rolling wall that I wanted to convey.

The exterior facade has curved walls, bringing you into the space. Also at the top an opaque section also allows light to shine out - I see this being used at night, having artificial lights within so it forms a feature during the night.





To make my model to scale, the tubes that I used to emulate the glass tubes I am wanting within the space had to be of a larger scale. I also wanted to create a section of the design where you would really start to get what the feeling would be like while inside the space. Doing a 1:20 scale model was going to be easier than trying to scale a model at 1:50 where the tubes would realistically be a lot smaller. I like the way that I have managed to recreate the entrance to the space also, as it is an added design element to the existing building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment